Sunday, April 30, 2006

Haiku #1

I have a friend who started blogging five months ago when a friend of HERS dared her to write something everyday. Today, that dare was passed on to me. My promise to her ( and it is a terrifying promise) is to present something creative here everyday, no matter how small. Be it words, art, photography, reflection and introspection, everyday it will appear here. Many of you know her and admire her. Can you guess who she is? I will unveil her only if she says I may.

Haiku #1

Sadness peels my heart.
Harsh words spoken hastily.
A smile. Peals of joy.

7 comments:

Oanh said...

Hi!

I love this haiku - such a wonderful form of writing to be able to be expressive in so restrictive a structure. I'm terrible I just blab on and on ...

Anonymous said...

I love hiaku.

It's amazing the depth of emotion you can create with the 5-7-5 combo.

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Bravo! I admire that drive! You may!! We will be here everyday you and me!!

Joy Eliz said...

What a wonderful promise/dare...It sounds like something I should do...note I said should...hee-hee.

Annie Jeffries said...

Hi Ott,

You just blab all you want. I like blabbing. LOL

Annie

p.s. I peeked at your picture page. Going in later for a more thorough look. I like what I see so far.

Jeremy said...

Good luck. I don't think you'll have a problem rising to the challenge.

Are you likely to visit the UK? We'll certainly take you on a visit to Southwold if you do.

Now, I'm off to try to write a haiku.

VintagePretty said...

I'm a big fan of haiku, it is a very beautiful artform, definitely poetry in motion.

Good on you blogging daily ~ I am going to make that promise soon, when I know I can keep my promise!