Friday, August 04, 2006

Good News

I have happy news. Got a phone call from Quanah this morning. He went to Indiana this past Wednesday for a job interview. He called this morning to let us know that he was offered the job and he accepted. So finally, after a long summer of job searching, disappointments and frustrations, he has a happy ending. And reflecting back on all the other possibilities, this was actually the best opportunity. As usual, God was at work teaching us some lessons on patience and trust.

So, he returns here Saturday night and Monday afternoon he and his father and a U-Haul truck leave for the big move. Don't you just LOVE happy endings and happy landings??!!

12 comments:

vicci said...

YES!!! Annie...that is terrific news!!! I bet you are happy...and grateful! I am so glad you are back...and I like your new blog also...I have been so busy this week...oh...YES the post office people duck and take cover when they see me comin!

Star said...

Good for you (and Q)! I'm so happy that your patience has been rewarded. I'll bet you're doing a little happy dance.

Happy hugs to you!

Jeremy said...

Excellent news. His perseverance has paid dividends.

paris parfait said...

Oh sweetie this is excellent news! But I'm not surprised - they're lucky to have him, with all his great qualifications (not to mention of course that he's your son and just a fabulous human being in general). :) Reason to celebrate, indeed! Enjoy your weekend!

Janet said...

What wonderful news! Glad it has turned out so good.

Becca said...

Great news for your son and your family! I wish him much satisfaction and success in his work and his new home.

You were all due for a happy event, weren't you?

Kim said...

Congratulations, to your son. Wishing him much success!

Beth said...

Yay Annie,,that is great news!! Hey,,Indianna isn't that far from Tennessee,,so when you fly out there for a visit,,you could stop by here on the way,,lol.
Much luck to Quanah,,its always great to see your children succeed!
Hugs for you Annie!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

Kris said...

This is great news! And what a great place to be too. I'm bettin this makes mom feel really good!

TMTW said...

PTL! I've been keeping him in my prayers. So glad he was offered the job!

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

yes yes yes! Bravo!