Saturday, August 12, 2006

Hot August Nights


In our area we have an annual event called Hot August Nights. They are all almost uniformly devoted to antique car shows. I had the pleasure of viewing one of the mini-events last night at the nursing center where mom currently is staying. Click

http://hotaugustnights.shutterfly.com/action/?a=0AZs2zdy4csmLjA&notag=1

for some fun pictures. Suffice it to say, the more mobile of the old folks got a big kick slowly going through the parking lot and admiring the elegant vehicles. There was a band, the usual picnic foods, free popcorn, and lots of merriment.

7 comments:

TMTW said...

Wow! What a beautiful car!

Janet said...

Great car....the link didn't work for me so I didn't see the other photos. We have quite a few antique car owners around here too and they get together at a local hamburger joint. It's fun to cruise through the parking lot and look at all the old cars.

trailbee said...

Link didn't work for me either, but I can imagine it anyway. We have these classics visit our area at least once a month during the summer, and they sure bring back some memories. DO NOT LAUGH! How is that working out?

Annie Jeffries said...

Hummmm, well the link seems to not be working so I pasted the URL directly into the message to see if that works better. I hope so.

trailbee said...

Oh, Annie, those photos are great. Thanks for taking them! I always tend to take these things a step further, past, present, future. I used to laugh when Honda rice rockets first came out. Now I wouldn't drive anything but my Civic! (Btw 37-39 mpg.) Successor to the Model T! I love it.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Great photos!

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

hehehehe, ours was this weekend, they have a cops and robbers night too!