Friday, November 24, 2006

Best Laid Plans


Don't you just love it when a plan comes together? I don't know about you but one of my least favorite things to do is to shop for clothes. This includes shoes too. However, purses are another matter but more about that in a minute.
Biene called Tuesday and we arranged to meet at Starbucks at 11 a.m. today. She had a birthday present for me and did not want to wait until next Tuesday to give it to me. Well, what could be better? Coffee, Biene, and b'day presents. I fell right in with the plan. Starbucks has a Christmas Noel coffee right now that is yummy so all you coffee folks out there, run, don't walk to the nearest Starbucks for some straight up, none of that fancy stuff, coffee. My wonderful surprise from B was a set of Faber Castell artist pens and a small watercolor Moleskin notebook. I was in heaven. Thank you B!!
We parted ways after about an hour and I set out on my dreaded errand of shopping for a pair of jeans, not to mention socks and shoes and something warm. We are heading for the Santa Cruz Mystery Spot tomorrow for Krista's 22nd birthday. She's never been there and decided that this was the b'day destination. Said destination is a couple of hours away in the Santa Cruz mountains. The weather will be seriously (for us anyway) cold.
First stop shopping for me is always The Dress Barn. If I don't find it there, I know I have a chore ahead of me. Well, thank all shopping goddesses, not only did I find the socks and jeans, but I walked away with two sweaters. Since I'm simple style girl shopping is actually pretty simple (when I get to it). If it's fussy, forget it. So using my $20 gift card from Krista from my b'day last week, I take very good advantage of the after Thanksgiving sales. But the deal of the day was the PURSE I found while shopping for shoes at Payless.
OK, so I have to digress a bit but here's the story of the PURSE. I as watching QVC the other day and the Dooney & Bourke hour was on. I saw a purse. I fell in love. I HAD to have that purse. However, my conscience got the better of me and I chose to take a pass on this purse. Net savings to me - $156.00.
Well, there is indeed an angel out there that sprinkles good girl dust when you pass on a must have D&B. This dust came in the form of a purse at Payless that was pretty much the same thing but was actually bigger and more malleable. It was also on clearance for $10 BUT since I had found my athletic shoes, I was able to take advantage of the BOGO and I got it for $5.00. Not too shabby, huh? That's it in the picture at the top of this post with all the other goodies I found.
I love it was a plan comes together.

8 comments:

Janet said...

You're a gal after my own heart! I love everything you bought and the purse was a steal! I mostly wear jeans and tees or sweaters. I can't remember the last time I wore a dress! And lucky you, too getting those fab pens and moleskin notebook. More art to come!!!

trailbee said...

There are few clothes in my closet, because I hate to shop. I never have enough money for what I really want. You're lucky it took so little time, and you were so successful. George Peppard as Hannibal Smith in the A Team. That's my favorite saying!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I used to have a black belt in shopping...especially handbags(serious former addiction to them). NOW, now I actually loathe shopping unless it's in an art supply store or a fab fabric store. So to go out and in one fell swoop, search, find and buy all you were looking for..I HAVE to applaud you my friend - well done!!
and what a great gift you received!!Have fun in Santa Cruz!!
XOXO

Julie said...

Well done! I like the new D&B lookalike (I saw those as I was browsing channels). I've never tried Dress Barn; do they serve short women?

Have fun on your Mystery Spot trip!

Ali Ambrosio said...

What a great deal! I miss shopping till I drop. Sounds like a really fun day.

Becca said...

You did good! I've found it harder and harder to shop as I get older - seems everything is made for the super skinnies we see on TV!

I love Payless :-)

Beth said...

What wonderful deals you found! I hope your day together with your daughter was wonderful. That looks like a really neat place that you went to explore. I hope you posted pics of it. Have a wonderful Sunday Annie!!

paris parfait said...

Yes, you should be applauded for your successful shopping expedition - and hooray for the birthday presents! xo