Thursday, October 04, 2007

Prayers are Requested

PLEASE REMEMBER GEORGE

I just got a called from Quanah. As you may know, he married this past June. Erin comes from a large family of seven sisters and brothers. They have just learned that her brother George, who has been in remission from melanoma, actively has cancer again. George and his wife Jennifer just married less than a month ago. When they returned from their honeymoon, they had some large bruising on his body checked out. An MRI revealed that the melanoma is back with a vengeance, is very aggressive and has spread to his brain. He is going to start chemo and is on meds to slow the progress but the prognosis is very poor.

I post this here because I have found that you, my dear blogging family, make a very powerful circle of prayer. I believe strongly and completely in the healing power of prayer and ask that you think of George and remember him in your prayers. He and his young wife have the potential for a long and happy life together. God willing, they WILL have that life.

7 comments:

Susie said...

Of course I will pray for the healing of George.
So sad to have this happen to someone with all their life in front of them.
Cancer in the brain took my Mom..
xo

Annie Jeffries said...

Thank you Susie. I'm so sorry to here that your mom suffered through the same thing. It's, indeed, one of the worst.

Rethabile said...

I send positive thoughts and prayers.

Becca said...

I'm so sorry to hear this...I have a friend going through the same thing. Reminds me I owe her a call...

I will add George and his wife to my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I'll send my thoughts to George - what an awful thing to happen. I hope he does manage to recover and spend time with his new wife.

Anonymous said...

I will be thinking of and praying for George and his wife. I'm sorry to hear this news.

Miss Robyn said...

yes, yes, yes - prayers and positive thoughts definately make a difference! Look at Louise Hay !!
I will keep George in my heart and thoughts and tonight the candle will be lit for his healing.
There is also a patron saint for cancer - St Peregrine.. I am sure when I had cancer that I put my name on a prayer list somewhere. The Carmelite nuns will also pray for him if you ask them.