Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Wee Project

A few Saturdays back, I visited Placerville and browsed in the thrift shops.  While there, I found a couple of small, unfinished wood shrines; they insisted I take them home and give them some TLC.  I'm glad I bought both of them because now that I have finished this pastel effort, I want to try it again in brilliant jewel tones.

I started collecting Frozen Charlottes and porcelain bisque dolls decades ago.  These four were just the right mood and colors to set in here. 

I still have to finish off the paint with some high gloss polyurethane and highlight the edges a bit to create some depth.  But other than that, it's all finished.

7 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is just lovely!!! Where will you put it, will you hang it? A Frozen Charlotte sounds like an alcoholic drink!!! What are they? Please post the jewel tone when you are finished, I know it will be just as pretty, if not more!

Annie Jeffries said...

Haha, never thought of that Ginny. It DOES sound like a frozen drink. Still have a bit of touch up to do but then, yes, I will hang it up.

Felisol said...

a beautiful shrine, I've never seen its like. Brave to paint it in pastel colours, inspiring too. I have some items on the attic which need the loving kiss of a painting brush. Is that wallpaper you have in the background??
That is what I admire with you. Your projects are son thoroughly well done.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Annie, What a neat project... I love all of the pastel colors. That is a perfect place to display your porcelain dolls.... Can't wait to see the jewel tone one also.

Glad you are on Facebook.
Hugs,
Betsy

LV said...

I think your little shrine are very cute. They have found a good home at least.

Diane AZ said...

The little dolls look adorable in their new home! Looking forward to seeing how you transformed the other shrine as well.

Fran aka Redondowriter said...

Another thrift/estate sale person here. I just love these kinds of finds. Nice creative work.