Sunday, April 09, 2006

Back sooner than I expected

I've been doing a lot of thinking, much of it subconscious, for the past two days. It is still a huge shock to me of how creating this blog and writing has opened me up. And I've been discovering other writer/artists so far beyond me that they actually inspire the art of FOCUSING in me. Case in point - http://growwings.blogspot.com/ Laini is amazing and after reading her Sunday Scribble from today and then looking at it again, I realized the 14 year old girl she was writing about was ME!! Well, not literally, of course, but at 58 I feel myself definitely slipping sideways to the left and seeing all manner of new possibilities.

Don and I celebrated our 28th anniversary last night over dinner at a favorite restaurant of our's, Henri's. We talked a lot about our frustrations at work and though there is no immediate solution in sight, it was certainly helpful to both of us, I think, that we were able to talk about our various challenges. I don't know where this is all going to end up but I do know that if nothing else, I will work for four more years and THEN be totally prepared to walk into something else whatever that may be.

No comments: