Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Spring Break Tuesday - Part One


I am on spring break at the university where I work and the inspiration is just pouring from my fingertips. I just finished an altered postcard for a young woman in Finland whom I received a postcard from via postcrossing. If you are not familiar with postcrossing, check it out at www.postcrossing.com. I have received postcards and sent postcards to like-minded people all over the world.

This particular altered postcard was inspired by a most unusual card I received from Anni, a 20 year old journalism student. She sent me an oversized postcard and included a message of an accounting of her day. I was so touched by this glimpse of her daily life that I instantly started working on a postcard to send back to her that includes elements of her fun day.

5 comments:

Jameican17 said...

This is all so interesting Annie. I've never been to a blog before (I'm embarrassed to say) and I look forward to reading yours and contemplating one myself...you are truly a multifaceted woman and I still can't believe how we met those years ago...

hazzbuzz said...

Hi Annie, Jeremy showed me your blog, so I thought I'd say Hello, I loved your Sunday Scribbling about when we were wee. I can remember sleeping outdoors a lot when I was young and loved to lie there and be amazed by all those stars.
Will keep an eye out for new blogs, Happy blogging, Bridget

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Thank s for the good link! How fun is that!

vicci said...

I really like this Annie...

Anonymous said...

Anne,
This is so refreshing . . . It's full of life and natural beauty.

Yolanda B.