Wednesday, February 28, 2007

It's Only Thursday

It has been a rough week at work - so rough in fact, that I've avoided my computer for the past couple of nights. I'm working on some projects that require a lot of close work, going back and forth between screens on the monitor, formatting spreadsheets and generally just giving me one huge pain in my neck. On the upside - well, I'm getting a lot done at work. On the downside? I'm not getting very far on my kitchen; the file drawers are waiting to be filled, and I have about ten more pages to read to finish Reading Lolita in Terhan.

Reading right now is like slogging my way through knee high deep molasses. The world is full of distractions, none of them very interesting, just distracting. I've been trying to shake off a bit of sadness again and have come to the conclusion that there is something to be said for the approach of a full moon.

I find my mind busy with creating the end results of severa; home projects but they don't get any farther than my head. My list goes something like this:

1. Take a Before Picture of the bedroom linen closet.
2. Get to work curing that closet.
3. Take an After Picture of the CURE closet
4. Post it here and claim bragging rights.

5. Move to the kitchen nightly for one week.
6. Each evening do a bit of painting and sealing.
7. Take the After Picture of the finished west side of the kitchen.
8. Post pictures here and claim more bragging rights.

9. Begin anywhere - but be sure to begin - and start putting together mom/dad history.
10. Topics - photos, cards, accts, medical stuff, heritage paperwork.
11. Etc.
12. Etc.
13. Etc.

There's more, I'm sure, but it's a start. Hummmm, didn't mean to end on 13 on purpose but . . . well, could be a sign . . . of something anyway.

On to other things -

Corey's in California for a short visit and we've been talking about getting together now for a couple of months. Unfortunately, her dad is sick and it takes up (and rightly so) a lot of her time. And now he's feeling a bit better (Thank God) and it became abundantly clear to Corey and I that trying to fit a meet-up in was going to be too hard. So now we are talking about July. I can take lots of time off in the summer so that will give me a lot of flexibility. So, until July Corey . . . oh, and that hit and run at Starbucks on the 9th as we drive up to Portland. I'm going to try and make that happen.

That's another thing, we are driving to Portland Oregon (well, Forest Grove actually) for Erin's bridal shower. We leave March 9th. We will be meeting all of Erin's VERY LARGE family. Yikes!! Quiet, shrinking violet that I am, it will be tough going. LOL The wedding's in June so I'm hoping that I can actually do a meet-up of some of you Oregon bloggers. Not sure of our itinerary yet but it would be nice.



And in closing - one final thing. I got the nicest surprise in the mail today. An envelope arrived for me from Lee-Ann in Australia. I've been admiring her garden while mine is dead in the water thanks to some very severe frosts this year. So what do I find but this lovely garden magazine for summer 2007. Mind you, this is Australia so the summer is NOW. I love the seasonal twist and hope to find lots of good tips and inspiration from this wonderful surprise. Thank you so much Lee-Ann and also for the pretty card and lovely note that accompanied it.

4 comments:

Miss Robyn said...

the full moon has me swinging between melancholy & ditziness.... or am I like that all the time?
I sure hope life slows down for you soon or else you will have to change the name of your blog - to runaway train or something similar
xxoxo

Julie said...

Oh, Annie, you are having a full week. Work has been so busy for me lately as well and I've basically given up trying to be productive in other areas (I'm sure people think I've abandoned my own blog). Right now I just need the non-work time that is not filled with necessary chores to be true down time--time to re-energize and take care of myself.

You had fantastic results with your last list of tasks; I'm sure you'll buzz right through this one too. Breaking things down into smaller tasks always helps me--more to check off!

Wishing you moments of real relaxation and smiles as you browse your new magazine.

diana said...

annie...I think you need to give yourself a great big hug and pat on the back for all that you have accomplished... me thinks you are too hard on yourself. xoxo

Jone said...

I would love to meet up with you when you come to Oregon. I live in the Portland area. I hope your weekend had been relaxing. Hats off to you for getting through REading Lolita in Tehran. I could not get through it.