Saturday, February 10, 2007

Reading and Writing and Painting, Oh My!


I seem to have struck on a theme in the last couple of days. The Wizard of Oz has struck again and I unrepentantly free associate from Lyman Frank Baum's "Lions and tigers and bears, oh my! But that is what I did today". Last night I crashed at 9 pm which is a minimum of 2 hours early for me. Even more amazing, I awoke at 7 am after sleeping straight through without interruption. I don't even remember laying down last night. I think it was the meds. LOL

So after waking, I check my email, etc. and then made myself comfortable reading more of Reading Lolita in Tehran. I knew I had a big day of writing ahead of me and reading this excellent book and following up with a NAP (what??? is getting into me???) I was ready to head out the door.

I met with my spiritual director, Fr. Silva, this past Thursday and after a couple of days of letting the meeting sinking in, I finally understood what reading Benedict's Deus Caritas Est meant to me. Click here please for more about that.

The efforts to finish the painting in my kitchen continue. I started painting the case where the oven/microwave combination used to be. I have to finish painting that before the new oven is installed. If I don't, I'll be playing heck painting and avoiding dropping paint on the oven. That would not be a pretty outcome. I have before pictures in progress and will post it all on a later post.

I finished my Good Things report for the week and my day has come to a satisfying and accomplishment-filled ending.

11 comments:

Susie said...

Glad you got a good night's rest.
I love the Wizard of Oz I have a book that is about that vintage or perhaps slightly older
I'm sure you'll be glad to have all your new appliances in place in the kitchen!! When you're done you can click your heels and say "there's no place like home!"
((hugs))

paris parfait said...

You've been so busy and accomplished so much, considering the meds! You must be feeling better. Hope so! xo

Becca said...

What a week you've had! Glad to hear the tooth extraction wasn't too painful.

I've had "Reading Lolita in Tehran" on my shelf for quite a while now, and haven't jumped into it. Since you've given it the thumbs up, maybe I'll put it the top of my list.

Continue to heal and be well!

Amber said...

Mmmmm...reading and naps! Oh, my! That sounds nice to me, lady. ;)

:)

Naturegirl said...

Good to hear that you are ~listening to the whispers~ and resting and reading..with bons bons at your side I hope! Stopping in on route to my ~sunny~ getaway! Thank you for the comment you left me on last post..it is hard leaving but I need the rest..YOU know..hugs NG

diana said...

ah... a good nights rest will do wonders for a girls disposition and enery !! You are taking so many steps towards your goals... I need some of what you are having !!,,q

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

What does it feel like to sleep uninterrupted and starting at 9? What a concept! You obviously needed it but then meds will help that too. I am delighted to know you came through the extraction relatively unscathed. Reading and a nap are two good components for a weekend I think...and you still ended up with an accomplishment-filled one at that. I agree with what diana said "I'll have what you are having". lol!
XOXO

Gypsy Purple said...

What a great day you had.....hope you are better

Chamara

Shelley said...

A good nights sleep is something I miss. Don't think I've had one longer than 5 hours in years. I'm so glad you've become rested.

Today I took a 2 hour nap. Sure felt good.

I love the Wizard of Oz. I haven't read the book, but am a fan of the film.

Take care

Shelley

Miss Robyn said...

the wizard of Oz was one of my favourites when I was a little girl. My dad would read it to me constantly. after he died - I went to see a clairvoyant and she told me: 'your dad said to put on your red shoes and skip along the yellow brick road' .
good to hear that you got a good sleep, Annie, that sure does wonders for ones soul! And their is absolutely nothing wrong with a nap during the day, nothing at all.

Julie said...

I'm glad you had a really good night's sleep. With the trauma to your mouth, I'm sure your body need the extra healing time.