Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Musings and Ducks

Interesting how in the past three months I feel as though I have gone completely quiet within. I don't have any of the big questions challenging me anymore. In fact, I seemed to have found avenues to inner peace.



I am digging seriously and deeply into the study of my faith. I crochet each night. When I'm not crocheting, I'm working crossword puzzles, perusing the premium channels for unseen movies, and enjoy Tanner's antics and Gus' disdain of said antics.

To the left is a project I finished recently - hand warmers. After completing four of these in various yarn weights, I'm now looking around for a lacy, delicate pattern. If you know of any such out there, I'd love to be pointed in the right direction.

I write when the spirit moves me and find inspiration all around me. Even my approach to blogging has changed. The quieter I feel within myself, the less I need to post unless the mood strikes me. I still read and visit around daily. I treasure the friends I've made here. But now it seems that SFASMT has become as quiet as I'm feeling these days. Perhaps it's simply winter but whatever it is, I am very much enjoying the feeling. I'm very grateful for the serenity that has found me - or perhaps more precisely, the serenity which I have found.

**************************
So - that was last night. This is this morning and one of the great reasons why I feel so good much of the time. The ducks around the lake at work are so many and varied, so full of humor and antics that reflect human nature. A day doesn't go by when I don't hugely enjoy these creatures going about the business of building and maintaining their community hierarchy.





17 comments:

trailbee said...

Welcome home, Anne.

[a} said...

The colours are so soft & pretty!
^_^

Alice Regan said...

Sounds as if you found contentment!

Pear tree cottage! said...

Anne, I do believe you are in a state of contentment which fills your life and may it continue to grow while Inspiring you to reach over any boundries in your day to touch further your gentle soul with happiness.

Dear Friend!

Lee-ann

vicci said...

I feel the same way Annie.....I can't wait to see you (maybe Spring) so we can talk....Love ya! :-)

Jone said...

Someone used the word "contnetment" thatt is what is feels like as I read this. I think wonter is a time to look toward our interior life. Love the ducks.

qualcosa di bello said...

your post sends ripples of contentment outward! yes, that is a joy of winter for certain...

what a beautiful duck!

paris parfait said...

Sounds like a lovely time in your life, Annie. The handwarmers look terrific! Glad you're enjoying creating and just "being." xo

Unknown said...

To have found contentment with where we are now is about as good as it gets....the quite, slower time of winter seems a good time to find yourself.

x...x
steph

Lea said...

hello sweet friend... I love the hand warmers, and your musings and inward time, so important... I too, have needed to find a different blogging rhythm and I'm trusting to follow the muse where it leads...

Julie said...

Annie - How can you not feel good with green grass and God's creatures around you? Everything is frozen or deeply hidden here.

So glad you are finding peace.

P. S. If you want to sell a pair of handwarmers, let me know. I will buy a pair.

Hugs,

Julie

Mary Timme said...

Ohmigosh, Annie, you reminded me I have to get to work today on my next Precepts Bible Study.

Crafty Green Poet said...

I would like to be able to crochet! Lovely ducks, how nice to have them near you! Ducks have a lot of personality I always think

Joanne Huffman said...

thanks for visiting my blog. I enjoyed visiting yours. The hand warmers look wonderful and the photos of the ducks are delightful.

Joanne

One Crabapple said...

Beautiful white duck !

It is so refreshing and wonderful to hear that someone has found a Good Place in the middle of winter this way. I am happy for You !

The crochet is DARLING !

Do you remember that pattern for the little flowers from that magazine last year was it ??? Wouldn't they be cute sewn on these little handwarmers of yours too ? Or maybe they would stick up too high? I dont know.... , but I think your little fingerless gloves are just sweet !

Love, S.

Bimbimbie said...

Hi Annie - do you give your favourite ducks names as you recognise their comings and goings? Smiles *!*

nonizamboni said...

Annie, Dear, I've been missing you but now I'm happy to know that you've been on a journey and I applaud you, wish you luck and send you a big hug.
Charming ducks! beautiful crochet and my favorite colors! and I do crosswords puzzles every night too :O)
Take.good.care.