Friday, June 01, 2012

Feeling the Love

I would like to give thanks today to Mayor Bloomberg of New York City.  Because of his diligent efforts to curb obesity in the City of New York yesterday by banning 32 oz. soda cups and soda bottles over 16 oz. , I came to know that TODAY is National Donut Day.  In honor of said day, Don and I went to The Donut Factory on Center street and gathered a baker's dozen of the sugary goodies.  We then went to the Farmer's Market to share the wealth. 

  First stop was Valerie at Hooked on Cactus. She declined a donut but her husband was more than eager to inhale a raised sugar donut. You go, Gene.

Next stop was my favorite hummus man.  As Don paid for my Pure Baba, hummus man selected an old fashion bar.  Yum. 

Last stop was at the Tea Party booth where six of our friends enjoyed saluting the Mayor with donuts.
And speaking of Valerie, here is my latest acquisition from her wonderful succulent nursery. Don't you just love what she did with the abalone shell? The little angel above now holds a cutting I took from my very large aloe vera yesterday.  I tucked it in with the shells and angel and it is very happily at home there.

Our day is slowly marching on. It started out early with Bianca and Alexis stopping by to pick up our sofa and love seat we are donating to the Life Teen group at church.  As I type, I'm awaiting delivery of our new sofa and love seat.  Stay tuned for "Out With the Old and In With the New" on my next post.

1 comment:

trailbee said...

There is something about fresh donuts ... oh, yum!:)
I'm ripping out my dead Eastern Red Bud and putting in olives and aloes. I woke up this morning wondering why I didn't plant Mediterranean stuff instead of Eastern Seabord! So dumb. No wonder that stuff kept dying.