Friday, July 13, 2012

Haiku My Heart (flies away)

I had a few surprises today.

Delaware was sick two nights ago and it still lingers but he's getting better.

These angels hung on the porch at our front door for twelve years.  The color was slowly leached away by the hot morning sun.  Today I finished resurrecting them to their former brilliance and they are back watching over the front door.

Krista is returning home; the house she is living in is being sold. 


Don said a temporary good-bye

Walk away swiftly.
I hate to give a good-bye
Kiss. Embrace. A smile.

for more haiku my heart, pleae click here.

9 comments:

joanne said...

You 'resurrected' them - lol......they are lovely, as are you words.....

rebecca said...

good byes seem more heavy laden as the years pass. may delaware find his happy place and keep you company, may bright angels grace your door, may krista find her happy place too and don travel safe and return to a long embrace and countless kisses!

SandyCarlson said...

I can relate to your feeling about good-byes.

foxysue said...

All change for you then Annie, this seems to be the pattern of life in later years. Your angels received some TLC, Delaware too, all's well, enjoy your time with Krista. x

Libby said...

Walk away swiftly...I'm with you there...

Felisol said...

All those days of coming and going...
Soon we will miss them too.
I also have angels around the door and in the garden, I need somebody to watch over our home.
Yours were nicely restored.

Dawn Elliott said...

Your haiku captured the pain of goodbyes beautifully!

sandy said...

The angels look beautiful - so your daughter is returning home. I've had a few sons do that but I think now they have all flown the next for good. I am just now experiencing empty nest syndrome i think.

Jeanie said...

Nice job on the angels. You've been a busy woman in Don's absence. Will he recognize it all when he returns?!